Sunday, September 25, 2011

All About Me Activities

This weekend I am attempting to catalog all the items we use in our ABA program (not including reproduceables). I am doing this so I can redo our data sheets so that activities are grouped according to learning goals. I want to be sure that each goal is covered several times per day and having the data organized in this way will easily allow me to be sure that is being done.

Since parents of a newly diagnosed child often don't have any idea what a program looks like, I figured since I am doing this anyway I'd copy it over here on the blog.  No two programs are going to look the same because no two kids are the same.  But at least with this you can get an inside peek into how another family is doing it.  So please just take what you can from it and forget the rest ;)




M1 – Emotions activity.  Use play dough or dry erase markers to show how you feel.  Free printables from Sparklebox.







M2 – Emotions matching.  Free printables from Autism Buddy.








M3 – Emotions puzzles.  Free printable from 2TeachingMommies.








M4 – Make Mr Potato Head activity.  Not sure where I found this!








M5 – Feelings matching cards.  Free printable from 1plus1plus1equals1.








M6 – Feelings books.  Free printable from 1plus1plus1equals1.








M7 – Add a head to the body and identify emotion.  From 1plus1plus1equals1.







M8 – Feelings trace sheets from 2TeachingMommies.









M9 – Make a face with the shapes to match the feelings cards.  Free printable from 2TeachingMommies.







M10 – All about me book.  Read every day.  Made this by taking photos of home for address, his room and all rooms of the house, each family member, his school, the minivan, bathtub, potty, sink, and several of his favorite things.  It is written as a story, for example.  "This is my bedroom.  It's where I sleep at night and where I play with my favorite toys".  Etc. 









M11 – Parts of the body matching cards.  Can't remember where I got it but it was a free printable!







M12 – Match rooms of the house.  Using laminated 4x6 photo prints.







M13 – Match favorite things.  Using laminated 4x6 photo prints.







M14 – all about me book #2.  Every so often My Publisher offers a free mini photo book with free shipping either on their website or facebook page.  It's around 2"x3".







M15 – Match family members.  Using laminated 4x6 photo prints.







M16 – The Feelings Book







M17 – Mr Potato Head







M18 – doll role play items







M19 – body parts 2 pc puzzles


No comments:

Post a Comment